- This introductory course explores basic soundproofing principles, as well as how to soundproof walls, ceilings, studio control rooms; various soundproofing materials are also described.
- Marketing lies by soundproofing companies. Know the difference between the truth and the lies.
The Basics of Noise, Course 103 (future)
- Identify the problem; how the weakest link makes the noise. Decibels and noise volumes; STC and why it is accurate. Types of noise identified (airborne, vibration). Noise absorption vs. stopping noise.
The Basics of Stopping Noise, Course 104 (future)
- More on STC (detailed definition); more on the weakest link. Three ways to stop noise: mass, space, decoupling(several ways to do this); STC numbers do NOT always add up; low frequencies can still be a problem.
Solving Noise Problems, Course 105 (future)
- Identifying the weak links:
- Open doors, windows or gaping holes
- Ceilings and floors
- Explanation of the basics of all five problem areas; identify how bad a problem you have and how much you need to do to reduce noise. Most builders, contractors, window manufacturers, and realtors do not know how to solve the problem (every problem fixed with the newest whatever, etc.).
Basic Soundproofing Solutions, Course 106 (future)
- Basic materials usage and definition.
- Learn about applying soundproofing to the most common source of noise in your home or business: windows.
Soundproofing Solutions - Doors, Course 202 (future)
Soundproofing Solutions - Walls, Course 203 (future)
Soundproofing Solutions - Ceilings and Floors, Course 204 (future)
Sound Studio Design, Course 301 (future)
- Topics include: designing the rudimentary sound studio; advanced wall designs; slanted glass in windows.